Celebrating Today

The other day, I was scrolling through some pictures on my phone when I thought, That looks like it was so much fun! After which, I immediately thought, Wait a minute, stupid, YOU were THERE - YOU took the pictures! 

That's when I realized, we do a lot - I mean, A LOT of stuff. Work. School. Volleyball. YoungLife. Drama Class. Voice Lessons. Improv. Family Nights. Church. And the list goes on each week. (Don't even get me started on the animal shelter and Rubix Cube Club!) And while I feel I do a good job of being fully present in each activity and event as it happens (that's something I've had to work at), I don't always make the space to pause and reflect on all that's happening. It's like I take the picture and move on.

Sometimes, we need to mourn the end of something, before we can really move forward with our lives. Other times, we need to give ourselves a break after completing a difficult task. Or maybe we just need pause to celebrate the good that is tucked inside each and every day.

And so, with a grateful heart, here is what I'm celebrating this week:

1. Natalie's Baptism - Our youngest, who is 10, has been bugging me for months about wanting to get baptized, to take the next step in her faith. Last weekend she finally did, and I am so excited to see what God will do with this bold, creative, compassionate young woman!



2. At this moment in time, all 4 of my kids are passing all of their core classes with flying colors! I feel like I've aged like 10 years in the past two semesters, so that is one I don't want to miss.

3. Personal Goals Met - This week I met three of my goals for the year - I completed the first class towards my master's degree in Organizational Development, and I took a two-day training on Trauma-Informed Care. Both of these have been on my "to do" list for a while, and both have been transformative in my thinking already. AND I finished my Level 3 Improv class - it was quite a week!

This little guy was on my table during Trauma-Informed Care training.
He taught me that ANYONE can become activated/triggered under the right circumstances,
and recognizing our own triggers is the first step in managing them. 
4. I am thankful for the rain and scarf weather! Outside of monsoon season, there are only a handful of days when we get real rain out here in the desert, so we have loved the past 3 days of clouds and rain. Granted, I'm thankful it's clearing up tomorrow, but it's been fun to have a few drizzly days and even hear thunder now and then.

5. Finally, I'm thankful I still have one kiddo who wants me to come to her school for their annual Thanksgiving Lunch. The other ones, not so much - holding onto these last couple of sweet years with my littlest! Although it was nice only having to stay for one lunch hour instead of three...










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Giveaway!! Digital Scrapbooking Software

Letter of the Week - P

Memorial Day Memo