When there seems no way out, look up. Psalm 121:1-2 I will life up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
Linsey, the oldest of our three girls, has the natural ability to make things go her way. I will often give she and her sister a snack or a prize, then, the next time I turn around, Linsey has convinced Hannah to trade. Or do Linsey's chores for her. Or give her the rest of her candy. She can talk her into anything . The funny thing is, like most younger siblings, Hannah seems happy with her servitude most of the time. What Linsey doesn't understand is why this same method doesn't work on adults - namely, me. The other day, while looking through a magazine, she saw the "mini me" dolls, and decided she had to have one for Christmas (her list has been on the fridge since September). Blond hair, blue eyes, freckles, matching outfits - what's not to love? Our conversation went like this: "Please, Mom?? It's what I REALLY REALLY want!" "You don't even like dolls!" "That's because I don't have this one! I w...
A few weeks ago we had a fantastic Vacation Bible School! This was our first year using the Group Publishing curriculum, which really impressed us. They had tons of hands on, small-group activities and key points each day that really drove the lessons home. The songs were fun and got the kids moving, but they had a great message. The Bible stories were amazing - I'll try to post about those later. The main auditorium is where we have our opening and closing sessions, so it's decorated to the max. Some easy ideas for any flight/sky theme: 1. We flew objects all over the room by hanging them from vents with fishing wire, such as kites, small airplanes, and hot air balloons. To make hot air balloons, blow up beach balls and attach a basket with ribbon for hot air balloons. Our "baskets" were small round tupperware containers covered with brown construction paper. You can also use empty rolls of packing tape. How easy is that? 2. To make a large hot air ballo...
so cute!
ReplyDeleteVery funny! I hope you have a happpy New Year my friend! may it be filled with love, great health and happiness! Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteMama Hen
Grandpa prefers "Potty Training 101." Cute!
ReplyDeleteWhat a scream. I totally think the Potty training 101. May you have a fabulous 2011 full of more funny moments.
ReplyDelete