Nuggets of Wisdom

I've loved all the Sneaky Chef recipes I've tried so far, even though my family knows about all the extra veggies I put in.  But the other day, I went a little too far. The recipe for Chicken Nuggets called for dipping chicken bits into spinach puree, then into bread crumbs. Well, I didn't think enough spinach was getting on there, so I kept dipping. Over. And over. It took forever. And the chicken nuggets came out very...green. (I'll spare you the picture. It was that bad!)

As soon as Tom got home, I warned him that dinner would be "different," and to p-l-e-a-s-e go along with it. Amazingly, he did. The kids seemed to like them too, since they love spinach, but they definitely won't become a family favorite.  In fact, our after-dinner conversation went something like this:

Me: "So what did you think?"


Hannah: "These are ok, but I thought chicken nuggets came in dinosaur shapes! Those are sooo good. My friend's mom makes those!"


Tom: "They were very ... green."

Linsey enters from the other room: "I liked them, but do you know what's even better than that? Those dinosaur-shapped nuggets. Do you know how to make dinosaur nuggets?"

Sigh. "No."

"Well, our neighbor does, we had them the other day! Maybe she could teach you." So sure enough, I told her the story, and she smiled and gave me her secret recipe:

I wonder if the Sneaky Chef knows about these!!

P.S. To make your own (non-dinosaur nuggets) deceptively delicious, click here for the recipe I used.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Giveaway!! Digital Scrapbooking Software

Letter of the Week - P

Memorial Day Memo