Moments to Remember

As with any job, there are many parts to our school week I would like to remember, as well as a few I would like to forget. Moments to Remember was created by some bloggy homeschooling friends as a way to hang on to those moments worth hanging on to.

Lately I've been reminded of the perks of homeschooling, flexibility being a big one of those. Whether we are planning a vacation or just having "one of those days," I love that school can work around our family's needs. Linsey has been getting the spring break blues, and working outside has freshened her perspective a little. Not many kids can say they recite poetry from inside the family fireplace!






I also appreciate that often, we get to include our whole family on projects. Here the girls are making homemade play dough... we made a great mess and had even greater laughs. Oh the memories we will have from our kitchen days...  I absolutely love seeing these sister friendships develop firsthand!






 And since my in-laws moved into our area nearly two years ago, they have played a great part in our homeschooling as well. So much can be learned from the generation before us, if we just take the time to listen. I'm so glad Linsey can learn about quilting and patterns and baking and so much more from her grandma! Of course, Grandpa's quad is always a favorite too... I'm thinking it has merit as a couple PE points at least??



So there you have it! Some of my favorite moments from recent school days. Stay tuned for more great memories!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Giveaway!! Digital Scrapbooking Software

Letter of the Week - P

Memorial Day Memo