Dear God

Dear God,

Today I feel a little overwhelmed.  I know You gave me 24 hours every day, but did You really mean for me to use all of them cleaning up after other people?  Your Word says to give thanks in all things, so that is what I will try today, since complaining about everything yesterday didn't go so well:

   ~ I am thankful for the squished grapes and spilled cereal under my feet, and for the children who put them there.


 "I only like the yellow..."


   ~ I am thankful for the mounds of clean laundry sitting in my living room, because that means we all have plenty to wear (or we will, when I fold them).

   ~ I am thankful for the stacks of dirty dishes, and the food You graciously provided us to eat on them.


Chocolate-dipped fingers - mmm, mmmm, good!

 
   ~ I am thankful for the beds I need to make, because that means we were all well enough to get out of them this morning.


~ I am thankful for the phone that won't stop ringing, and the people on the other end who care enough to call.


  "Hello?  This is the call of the wild..."

~ And God, I'm thankful for comfy pajamas, because at this rate, I'm going to be in them all day!

Love,

Liz

Show Some Saturday Love



Comments

  1. What a sweet post that most of us can definitely relate to!! I am so blessed to read of your thankfulness in the midst of being completely overwhelmed!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I am your newest follower from the weekend blog hop! I love finding new blogs and your is lovely:) You can find me at www.bouffeebambini.blogspot.com

    Take a peek at my giveaways if you stop by. Everything is handmade and GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog hopper here. I'm now a follower. Great site!

    -Kim @ 2 Kids and a Coupon
    www.2kidsandacoupon.com
    2kidsandacoupon(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Trying to figure out how to be thankful for the washing machine hose that came undone and flooded the house this morning. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Giveaway!! Digital Scrapbooking Software

Memorial Day Memo

Letter of the Week - P