It's Monday.

I haven't written a miscellaneous post in ages, and my randomness has been adding up:

1.  My oldest is growing up too fast, and she loves it.  Her favorite expression is, "I haven't done that since I was five!" The only thing is, her birthday was just last week!  She lost her first tooth this morning, and I was surprised to feel a little sad and nostalgic.  I mean, I'm the one who saw that tooth finally popping through when she was 9 months old, and I was so proud! Now she's the proud one, and the tooth is in a baggie under her pillow...
 
 Her self-confidence is amazing.  She saw this picture and gasped, "Don't I look prettier than I was before?!"

2.  Dinner Fail:  I had a crazy-busy day yesterday, even busier than usual for a Sunday, so in the morning I put a package of tortillas in the cool oven to thaw for a quick dinner.  Then, later at the store, I decided to grab some pizzas because we were having company.  I rushed home, preheated the oven to 425, and didn't even think about the tortillas until I smelled something akin to a melting Barbie doll.  Don't ask me how I know what melting Barbie smells like, just take my word for it...and always check the oven before turning it on :)  

3.  My three-year old, Hannah, has fashion "no how."  She either wears one color from top to bottom ("I match, Mama!") or she looks like this:



4.  I'm determined to read the Bible through this year - usually I get midway through and I become impatient, so I start doing my own Bible studies, rereading books I really like, etc.  (which is ok, I just want to finish what I start for once!)  Ownit365.com  and YouVersion have some great plans if you're interested.

5. I overheard a conversation between my girls yesterday that made me smile. "Well, I'll give you one more chance.  And then, I'll turn you into a GOON!"  Hannah sighed, "Ok, ok, I'll stop touching you!!"  I thought about going in there and reminding Hannah that Linsey couldn't really turn her into a goon, but, being a little sister myself, I know she'll figure things out soon enough.  In the meantime, I'll let Linsey enjoy her reign.



Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

Comments

  1. Your girls crack me up every time I read your posts or facebook:-) Too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Giveaway!! Digital Scrapbooking Software

Letter of the Week - P

Memorial Day Memo