1. My oldest is growing up too fast, and she loves it. Her favorite expression is, "I haven't done that since I was five!" The only thing is, her birthday was just last week! She lost her first tooth this morning, and I was surprised to feel a little sad and nostalgic. I mean, I'm the one who saw that tooth finally popping through when she was 9 months old, and I was so proud! Now she's the proud one, and the tooth is in a baggie under her pillow...
Her self-confidence is amazing. She saw this picture and gasped, "Don't I look prettier than I was before?!"
2. Dinner Fail: I had a crazy-busy day yesterday, even busier than usual for a Sunday, so in the morning I put a package of tortillas in the cool oven to thaw for a quick dinner. Then, later at the store, I decided to grab some pizzas because we were having company. I rushed home, preheated the oven to 425, and didn't even think about the tortillas until I smelled something akin to a melting Barbie doll. Don't ask me how I know what melting Barbie smells like, just take my word for it...and always check the oven before turning it on :)
3. My three-year old, Hannah, has fashion "no how." She either wears one color from top to bottom ("I match, Mama!") or she looks like this:
4. I'm determined to read the Bible through this year - usually I get midway through and I become impatient, so I start doing my own Bible studies, rereading books I really like, etc. (which is ok, I just want to finish what I start for once!) Ownit365.com and YouVersion have some great plans if you're interested.
5. I overheard a conversation between my girls yesterday that made me smile. "Well, I'll give you one more chance. And then, I'll turn you into a GOON!" Hannah sighed, "Ok, ok, I'll stop touching you!!" I thought about going in there and reminding Hannah that Linsey couldn't really turn her into a goon, but, being a little sister myself, I know she'll figure things out soon enough. In the meantime, I'll let Linsey enjoy her reign.