First Week of School


First Day of School Outfits :)
 
This last month of summer has absolutely flown by! I have some amazing pics of our family vacation to AZ that I will post later, but vacation was quickly overshadowed by the start of school about 4 days later. (We homeschool - my oldest is enrolled in an online virtual charter academy called K12, click here for a post on that). Here are a few snapshots from this week that remind me of why I love teaching my kids:


~ There's nothing like teaching your kids something and watching their eyes light up as they "get it." This is Hannah's first official pre-school year, and we are using the "Letter of the Week" method (I get lots of ideas here). She gets so excited, and that makes me love teaching her even more!


Natalie sorting out her blocks by color


~ We teamed up with some good friends for homeschooling this year, and they are doing fantastic in their first year. One thing the kids love: Learning outside when it's nice!




~ Between the two of us mommies, we are responsible for 7 kiddos, three of whom are under 3! So we have had several "field trips" to the thrift store to find learning center/ quiet time activities (the racket wasn't one we picked!!) I love field trips that involve shopping!



  ~ And the best part of school starting again, our kiddos are so tired at the end of the day that they actually look forward to bedtime! As much as you can when you're a kid, anyway...
   




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Giveaway!! Digital Scrapbooking Software

Memorial Day Memo

Will Work for Food