Breaking Traditions

Everyone seems to have an opinion or "expert advice" about the challenges of homeschooling, and there are certainly challenges.  Now I graduated with a degree in secondary education, and both my parents are teachers - personally, I love the idea of a traditional education.  It just isn't what we feel is best for our family at this stage in our lives.  So, on a more lighthearted note, here are some of my favorite "tips" about homeschooling (mostly from non-homeschoolers!) that I vowed to put into practice:


Tip #1:  Make sure your kids get some time with peers so they learn how to get along with others.

Tip #2:  Don't let your kids stay in their pajamas all day.

Tip #3:  Don't let your children slack off and do nothing just because they're at home.
This is our kindergarten material!

Tip #4: Expose your children to a variety of different settings so they know how to behave in public.

Tip #5:  Don't let your kids grow up to be weird!!

Hope these made you smile - have a great week!!

Comments

  1. Very cute post! I hope you have a great weekend!

    Mama Hen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable blog you have! I'm a new follower through "Mama's Little Nestwork"! Hope to see you around my blog sometime...

    http://vandylandmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Giveaway!! Digital Scrapbooking Software

Memorial Day Memo

Will Work for Food