Loving and laughing my way through motherhood and life in general
Check It Out!!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
I was featured in an interview this week on Open Book Girls (click the link) by a blogger friend named Anne. She has a great site (and I thought so even before she let me be on it!!)
When there seems no way out, look up. Psalm 121:1-2 I will life up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
Retrieved from: https://busybeingjennifer.com/give-thanks-free-chalkboard-printable/ I'm sitting here on Thanksgiving night, 50 feet from the beach in a beautiful Mexican vacation home, listening to one of the worst windstorms I've heard in at least a decade. As with many rentals, it's obvious ours isn't cut out for this kind of weather. The wind is howling around and through the windows, rattling the glass and creating a noise similar to a tea-kettle whistle, with rain seeping in through the edges. (I'm also, I should add, typing in the dark at the kitchen table, trying to provide support to a scared, tired kiddo who doesn't like the storm any more than I do. Apparently, even paradise has its rainy days.) It's yet another reminder of a powerful lesson I've been learning, or re-learning, recently: Embrace life. All of it. The good, the bad, the funny, the downright ugly. It's all there anyway. We can hate it, and become bitter. We can ign...
Linsey, the oldest of our three girls, has the natural ability to make things go her way. I will often give she and her sister a snack or a prize, then, the next time I turn around, Linsey has convinced Hannah to trade. Or do Linsey's chores for her. Or give her the rest of her candy. She can talk her into anything . The funny thing is, like most younger siblings, Hannah seems happy with her servitude most of the time. What Linsey doesn't understand is why this same method doesn't work on adults - namely, me. The other day, while looking through a magazine, she saw the "mini me" dolls, and decided she had to have one for Christmas (her list has been on the fridge since September). Blond hair, blue eyes, freckles, matching outfits - what's not to love? Our conversation went like this: "Please, Mom?? It's what I REALLY REALLY want!" "You don't even like dolls!" "That's because I don't have this one! I w...
What a great interview!! :)
ReplyDeleteJessica