Tuesday, May 18

Applicious Pie















Linsey peeled her first apple for this pie! I love having help in the kitchen. This one only took about 45 minutes too. The second apple only took about 15 minutes :)

I joined a recipe hop with my friend today. I have NO luck with roll out pie crusts. Zero. Zilch. They fall apart, they don't fit, whatever. But this "No Roll Pie Crust" has become my best friend. I got the recipe for it from my husband's grandma, and it's a cinch to make. (You can use a regular crust too, if you're talented). The apple pie is so yummy, we went to a u-pick farm in Tehachapi last week, so we used those apples.

No Roll Pie Crust
1 1/2 c. flour
1 T. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 c oil
3 T milk

Mix with a fork until well blended. Put in pie pan and push up sides of the pan to form a nice edge, then fill in the bottom. Prick crust. If desired, bake at 375 for 15-17 minutes before filling.

Then we made the apple pie filling:

1/3-2/3 c. sugar
1/4 c flour
1/2 t ground cinnamon
1/2 t ground nutmeg
dash of salt
8 cups thinly sliced peeled tart apples

Combine dry ingredients and mix with peeled apples. Top with this crumb topping:

1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. quick oats (or you can use 1 c. flour)
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. firm butter

Mix this until crumbly and sprinkle over apples. Bake 40-50 minutes or until apples are bubbly. Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. So glad to find your blog.....I have had so little time to catch up on my favorite blogs. Hope you will stop by...I have a great Disney giveaway...
    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/

    http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/2010/05/disney-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...