Family Memberies

My husband's parents and two youngest siblings just spent 11 days in our home with us.  We had such a good time!!  Being the youngest by 6 years in my family and spending WAY too much time with my imaginary friends, I love having lots of people around.  There was always someone to play a game with, to keep the kids entertained, even to do the dishes!  Here are a few highlights:

We went to a really cool mini-zoo called a Feline Conservatory, only about 45 minutes from here.  Locals, if you haven't been, click here to check it out!  Hannah especially enjoyed "roaring" at the cats up close.


We also went out to eat. A lot.  Natalie was a constant source of entertainment wherever we went, and she loved every minute of it.


Hannah seemed to be the perfect fit for Grandma's lap.  Nevermind the fact that she is still recovering from leg surgery, the two were inseparable.



We also went to a u-pick fruit farm (funny story on that later), sightseeing in Tehachapi, and we made lots of little trips to the local rock shop, the ice cream store, and fun stuff like that.  We were all exhausted by the end, and my middle monkey slept for 3 hours the day they left...to make up for not taking any naps while they were here!!!




Finally, as we were jumping on the trampoline the night they left, our five-year old got a little nostalgic.  "I had such a good time while Grandma and Grandpa were here," she said. "This is going to make a great family member."

"What's a family member?" I asked, a bit puzzled.

She looked at me like she thought I was from Mars.  "You know, it's when you reMEMBER stuff you do with your FAMILY!"  Now, why didn't I think of that??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My First Giveaway!! Digital Scrapbooking Software

Letter of the Week - P

Memorial Day Memo