Happy 4th of July!

Happy Independence Day! The holiday has just officially started, but we've been celebrating all week!


 

I found some great 4th of July printables here, the girls had fun with this paint by number. Today we will be learning more about Independence Day w/some of her other papers. They also painted a bunch of coloring sheets from this site. I'm so glad creative people share their resources!







 The girls did a great job singing "This Land is Your Land" and "My Country Tis of Thee" in our church's patriotic program...















And I promised them they could dye their hair blue after the program - I just couldn't let them sing in front of the church w/blue hair, call me old-fashioned... :)




Then we came home and made red, white, and blue firecracker cupcakes. 


The original recipe is super easy from my friend here, and her cupcakes always look so perfect!  You have to check them out. My girls had so much fun, layering the different colored cake batter, then decorating the cupcakes after I frosted them. Family bonding at its best - in the kitchen!

I had "help" filling the liners, as you can see from the mess!
 Didn't have pull-n-peel licorice, so we "fringed" regular licorice.


We're rounding out today with a water fight at the park, a bbq, and some fireworks. All in all, a great way to spend my birthday - and America's, with the people I love most!!

Sportin' their reds, whites, and blues :)


Linkin' up: 
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

A Not So Moody Monday

Comments

  1. You've had quite the patriotic fun this week!!! Their dresses are killer cute! Happy 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Glad you had a wonderful holiday!!

    I found your blog through Not so Moody blog hop. I'm at It's the Thought that Counts

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear from you!

Popular posts from this blog

My First Giveaway!! Digital Scrapbooking Software

Letter of the Week - P

Memorial Day Memo